17.2.1 includes fixes to address the Trust Protection Platform ( TPP ) server. NOTE: This patch contains a database script (mssql_update_17.2_to_17.2.1.sql) that MUST be run on your Database server by an Database Administrator. If you connect to your Database as a lesser privileged user than dbo, then you need to also run the sample_grants_17.2_to_17.2.1.sql script, appropriate edited for your username. If you have a custom log channel, you will also need the optional mssql_custom_log_channel_migration_17.2_to_17.2.1.sql script.
To successfully install this script:
- Ensure all TPP services are stopped on all TPP servers reference the Database server.
- Unzip the 17.2.1 patch file, which will install a copy of the necessary script file to your TPP server's file system where you unzipped the file.
- Copy the script files .\Database Scripts\mssql_update_17.2_to_17.2.1.sql and sample_grants_17.2_to_17.2.1.sql to your MSSQL Server.
- As the Database Administrator, run this script, which will update existing Stored Procedures and create new Stored Procedures and related data types in the TPP database environment.
- After the database script(s) have been run, then install the 17.2.1 patch package on all servers in your TPP environment.
- Restart TPP services on all previously stopped servers
Fixes contained in this patch:
Symantec LHK validity period defaults to blank value (VEN-36083, @23726)
SSHManager - Violation Detected events are debug level (VEN-36090, @29016)
Log not sent to Default SQL Channel (VEN-36096, @29162)
WinAdmin crashes when selecting the Platform Tree (VEN-36116)
Log expiration not working (VEN-36267, @29619)
Folders not showing up in Aperture under configuration->Folders unless SSH is enabled (VEN-36238, @29420)
Can't approve workflows via Email link in Aperture: "Workflow ticket not found" (VEN-36284, @29946)
Credential expiration emails are being sent every time the TPP service are restarted (VEN-36482, @29810)
Cipher warning during provisioning results in error at stage 800 (VEN-36533, @26405)
Workflow ticket blocking is not working (VEN-36834, @30307)
Column sorting doesn't work on the SSH Keyset Inventory page (VEN-36850)
Aperture dashboard collation conflict exception (VEN-37032, @30568)
Aperture on FIPS enabled device throws error when accessing historical certs (VEN-37094, @30749)