This article covers one way to customize the Venafi Trust Protection Platform Aperture Console login screen. This can accommodate legal and company specific wording we want to place on the login screen.
NOTE: The customization will likely have to be re-applied after an upgrade. The provided steps were tested in 16.3. and will likely change in the future. The customization is not supported by the Venafi Engineering team.
Take the following steps on each server hosting Aperture Administration console:
1. Make a backup copy of plugin.js found under <installpath>\Venafi\Web\Aperture\Client\Plugins\Authorize_Password
2. Open plugin.js found under <installpath>\Venafi\Web\Aperture\Client\Plugins\Authorize_Password in a text editor
3. Locate the following string in the file:
<div class="banner error col-md-10 col-md-offset-1"> <\/div>\r\t\t<\/div>\r\t\t<div class="row">\r\t\t\t
4. Paste the following immediately following the string found in step 3
<center>By entering this application you agree to the <\/br> terms and conditions in this <a href="https:\/\/mycompany.com\/legal\/Agreement.html">Authorized Access Agreement<\/a><\/center>
5. Save changes and reload Aperture login screen
6. Login screen should now look like this