All Venafi Training
Venafi has several different training classes available. Major updates are done annually and minor updates occur as needed. There are also different types of certificates available from the training and even a LinkedIn private group called Venafi Certified. The main focus of these trainings are to enable you to successfully use and manage Venafi from a customer or a partner perspective. The trainings are created and provided by the post sales technical teams.
What courses include certification?
- VSA (Venafi Security Administrator)
- VTIS (Venafi Trusted Implementation Specialist) [NOTE: This is a partner only 3-day course.]
Official Venafi Certificates will be made available for download for people who complete these courses including passing relevant tests. The certificates will not be sent to users! They have to be downloaded, but are kept by Venafi indefinitely. NOTE: They are tied to an email address, so if you change companies or email, you may loose access to them, so we highly recommend you download and track your own certificates!
What about other course certifications?
Certificates of Completion are provided for other courses so you can receive training credit at your organization, but no official Venafi Certificate is offered for the other courses. This includes the VSP and Mini specialty courses.
What types of training are available?
Instructor Lead (See your sales representative for cost)
- VSA (2 days)
- SSH (1 day) Prerequisite is VSA and this is always appended (3rd day) to a VSA course
- Troubleshooting (1 Day) Prerequisite is VSA
- Introduction to the API (1 Day) Prerequisite is VSA
- VTIS (Partner Training Only, 3 Days) Prerequisite is VSA
Self-Paced (Free - see the Self-Paced link at Success.Venafi.com)
NOTE: Though free, none of the Self-paced courses include labs, unless indicated below.
- VSA Labs: Contact your Sales Representative for cost
- VSA Retake
- Crypto 101
- VSA Supplemental Courses - as available.
How do I purchase training?
- Contact your local sales representative
How do I schedule a purchased training?
- Check for open calendar options at https://training.venafi.com and ask firstname.lastname@example.org if a certain date can be scheduled.
How do I attend an Open Enrollment training?
- Request enrollment by registering at https://training.venafi.com into the class you would like to attend
Where can I register or see the training schedule?
- You can see our schedule at https://training.venafi.com.
What is the difference between Private and Open Enrollment?
- Classes marked private means we have a scheduled training for a customer who has purchased their own training. Open Enrollment means it is an open invite and not company specific.
Where, and when can I attend training?
All training currently is online due to the 2020 Outbreak of Covid-19
We hold Open-Enrollment training in all geos, or at least try to accommodate all time zones, as follows:
- Monthly MST 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. These are generally the 2nd week of the month
- Quarterly BST 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Quarterly AEST 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Additional trainings are scheduled as needed if you work through your Sales Representative to arrange for resources and time.
Can I join the LinkedIn private group?
- YES! You can. Once you have been certified by attending one of our courses we invite you to join Venafi Certified at LinkedIn. We occasionally post Venafi topics or Industry info there.
Training scheduling site:
Email the training team: