All Venafi Training
Venafi has several different training classes available. Major updates are done annually and minor updates occur as needed. There are also different types of certificates available from the training and even a LinkedIn private group called Venafi Certified. The main focus of these trainings are to enable you to successfully use and manage Venafi from a customer or a partner perspective. The trainings are created and provided by the post sales technical teams.
What courses include certification?
- VSA (Venafi Security Administrator)
- VTIS (Venafi Trusted Implementation Specialist) [NOTE: This is a partner only 3-day course.]
Official Venafi Certificates will be made available for download for people who complete these courses including passing relevant tests. The certificates will not be sent to users! They have to be downloaded, but are kept by Venafi indefinitely. NOTE: They are tied to an email address, so if you change companies or email, you may loose access to them. We highly recommend you download and track your own certificates!
What about other course certifications?
Certificates of Completion are provided for other courses so you can receive training credit at your organization, but no official Venafi Certificate is offered for the other courses. This includes the VSP and Mini specialty courses.
We are considering offering of "Badges" for use in the Venafi Warrior Community related to other course completions. Look for updates on this in the future.
What types of training are available?
Instructor-Led (Retail $1000/day - contact your sales representative)
- VSA (2 days)
- SSH (1 day) Prerequisite is VSA
- VTIS (Partner Training Only, 3 Days) Prerequisite is VSA
Self-Paced (Cost will be indicated in the Academy portal - some are free!)
NOTE: None of the Self-paced courses include labs, unless indicated below.
- VSA (lab access may be arranged by contacting your Sales Representative, for a fee.)
- SSH (coming soon)
- Crypto 101
- Other driver/function specific courses, as available
How do I purchase training?
- All training can be purchased directly on the Academy site, or you can contact your local sales representative for special training needs or contracts.
How do I schedule a purchased training?
- Check for open calendar options at https://academy.venafi.com/calendar and ask (email) firstname.lastname@example.org if a certain date can be scheduled.
How do I attend an Open Enrollment training?
- Request enrollment by registering at https://academy.venafi.com/page/live-training into the class you would like to attend
Where can I register or see the training schedule?
- You can see our schedule at https://academy.venafi.com/calendar
Where, and when can I attend training?
All training currently is online due to the 2020 Outbreak of Covid-19.
NOTE: As of early 2022, talks are beginning for resuming in-person training both in the company SLC, UT office and at "your" location, but you will need to contact your sales representative to schedule these.
We hold Open-Enrollment training in all geos, or at least try to accommodate all time zones, as follows:
- Monthly MST 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. These are generally the 2nd week of the month
- Quarterly BST 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Quarterly AEST 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Additional trainings are scheduled as needed if you work through your Sales Representative to arrange for resources and time.
Can I join the LinkedIn private group?
- YES! You can. Once you have been certified by attending one of our courses we invite you to join Venafi Certified at LinkedIn. We occasionally post Venafi topics or Industry info there.
Email the training team: