Error: PostCSR failed with error when using an internal Microsoft Certificate Authority
Error message “PostCSR failed with error: The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000401A)” is received when trying to generate a new Microsoft Internal certificate.
The Com+ application has missing, incorrect, or not privileged enough credentials.
Correct the existing or incorrect Com+ credentials:
- On the Venafi Director server go to your Server Manager
- Go to Roles > Application Server > Component Services
- Click on Com + applications and in the right pane you will see Venafi Com+ Service
- Right click on it and go to Properties
- Click on Identity
- Edit your account credentials for access to your Microsoft Certificate Authority
- Select OK , Right click on the Venafi Com+ Service and select Shutdown
- Go retry the creation of your certificate