Version 6.x of Certificate Manager.
To acquire existing certificate and private key files you can manually import certificate and private key files to Director or you can allow Director to extract certificates and private keys directly from managed applications. Once certificates and private keys are securely stored in the Director database, you can install ( read push) a certificate and private key to other servers in your network—or, if preferred, you can simply download the certificate and private key, and manually install them on the application yourself. This article provides the steps to download a certificate via the WebAdmin tool.
You can download the certificate, private key, and root chain from the Director database and manually install them on your servers.
To manually download a certificate, private key, and root chain, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Web administration console.
- Tip: This option is available only in the Web administration console.
- Rights needed: You must have Read and Write rights to the Certificate object to download the certificate or root chain. The write right does expose this user to the ability to access certificate key types in the Director database. If you do not wish to grant Write rights to the certificate object then you may consider triggering an action to e-mail the certificate to these users, rather than granting them rights. You must have the Private Key Read right to the Certificate object to download a private key.
- Select the Policy tree from the Tree drop-down menu.
- In the Policy tree, select the Certificate object from which you are going to download the certificate and private key.
- Click the Certificate > Settings tab.
- Click Download.
NOTE: This information was taken from Chapter 2.5 of the Certificate Manager Admin guide. For more information please see this manual.