All version of Venafi Trust Protection Platform
The instructions in this article show how to update or reinstall a patch to Venafi TPP.
To reapply a patch, follow these steps:
Patch installations are tracked through the registry.
Do the following to resolve the issue:
- Identify which patch you want to reinstall
- Run the Venafi Updater
- Click View, and select Installed, or press Ctrl+I
This shows a list of installed patch, in this example, it is 16.3.1
- Open the Registry Editor
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Venafi\Updater\
- Identify the Key Name that corresponds to the package you need to re-install.
- The value version will help identify the Key
- Backup the Key Name and its sub-directories by exporting it
- Delete the Identified key and its sub keys and directories
- Once done, go back to Venafi Updater, click View, Available, or Ctrl+A. The patch should now appear in the list
- Select the patch and click install
- When prompted for the schema update, select to perform the update and enter the admin credentials.