Venafi Encryption Director 14.1
Venafi User Portal
The following error is seen when using attempting to access the user portal:
HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized
You do not have permission to view this directory or page because of the access control list (ACL) configuration or encryption on this resource on the Web server.
The ISUR user for anonymous authentication does not have sufficient rights to read the files for the user portal.
Do the following to resolve the issue:
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Click on the Sites -> Venafi -> Portal -> Authentication
- Right click on "Anonymous Authentication" and select "Edit".
- Change from "Anonymous User Identity" to "Application Pool Identity"
- Restart IIS or the Application pool.