When installing Venafi Encryption Director on Windows Server 2008R2, the error "Venafi Director Control Center has stopped working" is displayed
This error is due to Microsoft User Access Control restrictions for the account that is being used to install Venafi Encryption Director.
- In the start menu, type CMD into the search field.
- Right-click CMD and select Run as administrator.
- CD to .../Venafi/Platform
- For 5.3.x: Run DCC.exe -wizard in the command shell
- For 6.0.x: Run DCC.exe -wizard -product:[Cert|SSH|Sym] in the command shell
- Continue through the rest of the install wizard