Log entries are created for each event that occurs. Sometimes if your Default SQL channel does not show what you think is happening, you can output your results for a specific event to a file to see if it matches or doesn’t match what is happening. In the example steps listed below in More Information: we will send all events for a discovery to a file on your Desktop.
Set all Discovery events to write to a File Channel to your Desktop:
1. Go to the Logging tree and select Channels
2. Click Add > File, name the object and click Create
3. Select the created object and fill out the path “C:\Users\[your user name]\Desktop\log.txt”, click Apply
4. Select Notification Rules, Click Add > Notification, name the object and click Create
5. Define rule “If Event ID is between 00070022F 00070040” (this should capture all Discovery events)
6. Add the File object created in step 2 as a Target Channel
7. Click Apply
Hi Mark, I noticed that in 15.1, if I want a specific event, I have to select an event (with words). If I want to select a range, I enter number values. Here are my questions...