Customers upgrading from Director 8.0.2 or Director 8.0.3 to Director 11
Failed to extend the schema using "C:\Program Files\Venafi\Schema\CAImport_Objects.xml". Error: Config: Failed to process schema definition file C:\Program Files\Venafi\Schema\CAImport_Objects.xml; CreateObject element near line 3 failed; ClassDoesNotExist
Service Module "CA Import Manager" could not be found.
Director 8.0.2 and Director 8.0.3 were released after Director 11 was released. In order for the upgrade to be supported, changes to the database schema need to be made with an additional upgrade script.
The upgrade error is fixed by executing a custom upgrade script on the Director Database.
- Download the Database Script Fix attached to the end of this article.
- Unzip the contents to your desktop. There is one script for Microsoft SQL databases and one script or Oracle databases.
- Turn off IIS. Start an elevated command prompt and type:
- Turn off the Venafi Encryption Director Service. From the same elevated command prompt type:
SC STOP VED
- Turn off the Venafi Log Server Service. From the same elevated command prompt type:
SC STOP VenafiLogServer
- Repeat Steps 3-6 on every Director server in your environment.
- Verify with your Database Administration that you have a current backup of your Director database.
- Provide the Database Fix script that corresponds with your database platform to your Database Administrator and ask that the script be executed against the Director database.
- After the Database Administrator confirms that the script was executed successfully, it is now time to finish the Director 11 installation.
- Start the Director Control Center wizard again. From the same elevated command prompt type:
"C:\Program Files\Venafi\Platform\dcc.exe" -wizard
Note: your path to where Venafi Encryption Director is installed may vary from example
- Run through the wizard that configures the Director installation.
- The wizard will finish successfully.
- Start the Venafi Log Server Service. From the same elevated command prompt type:
SC START VenafiLogServer
- Start the Venafi Encryption Director Service. From the same elevated command prompt type:
SC START VED
- Start IIS. From an elevated command prompt and type:
- Repeat Steps 10-15 on each Director server in your environment.
- The upgrade to Director 11 is now complete.