All 6.x versions of the client or greater including TrustAuthority 14.2 and greater
Once the agent is installed, you may need to change it's configuration, such as the phone-home ip address. This article addresses some of the methods you can use to do this.
I need to realign my Windows Director agent to send it's data to another Venafi Encryption Director server.
When I run the command line argument to change the address to another server I am seeing 'permission denied' as per the below highlighted text.
C:\Program Files\Venafi\Platform>VAgent.exe -m address=ved.training.local
address ved.training.local; was NOT set.
, Permission denied
A re-install ( uninstall and install) does not erase the configuration from the previous installation. For example, I keep sending the data to the old, or wrong, Director server.
1: UnInstall the agent by following these steps:
- Summary steps: Remove configuration files, and re-install.
Command line in Windows:
- To remove:
- C:\Program Files\Venafi\Platform> del ..\Agent\Data\*.sq3
- To re-install:
- C:\Program Files\Venafi\Platform> vagent –m address=<Your new IP address>
Command line in the UNIX/LINUX enjoinment: (NIX):
- To remove:
- rm /var/opt/Venafi/agent/data/*.sq3
- /opt/venafi/agent/bin/vagent –m address=<Your new IP address>