The agent that is shipped with version 6.01, 6.02 and 6.1 of Venafi Certificate Manager or SSH Manager.
The Director Agent is a client/server application that allows you to discover encryption assets on any supported system in your network. The server component, the KMIP server, resides on the Venafi Encryption Director Server and manages the exchange of information between the Agents and the Director Server. In order for the Director Agents to return scan results, they must be able to access the KMIP server.
Consequently, when you install the Director Agent on local machines, you specify the IP address, or DNS name, of the KMIP Server so the Agents can check in with the server to report discovery results and download configuration parameters. Upon connection, each agent will retrieve the latest configuration setup for it, and use that configuration the next time it is run.
On the Windows agent, by default, we configure logging to inject almost all events into the Windows event logger. The 6.01 and 6.02 agent consists of three modules, and each module has to be configured for the amount of logging you choose. Here is a list of modules:
- Module VED Agent KeyStore Scanner:
- Module VED Agent SSH Scanner:
- Module Venafi Agent:
To limit the logging into the event log, follow these steps:
- Login to the Venafi Encryption DIrector ( Director) with your administrator credentials.
- Navigate to the platforms tree, and open up the modules node.
- Click on Certificate Module and then the settings tab. Here, you can choose the level of logging right from almost everything - 'informational' - through to disabled.
- Press apply, and then navigate down to the Base agent node.
- Click on the settings tab. Here, you can choose the level of logging in the same way you did above.
- Press apply.