Venafi Encryption Director 8.0 and above
The MSCA Template from Microsoft is not listed after clicking the "Retrieve" button and the service account appears to have sufficient rights for the template.
- Open up Microsoft Management Console (MMC.exe) on the server hosting the MSCA.
- Click File-->Add/Remove Snapin
- Select the Certificate Authority Snapin and click Add.
- Select Certificate Templates and then right click and select new-->Certificate Template to Issue. You then select the template that was absent in Director.
- Switch over to Director and click the retrieve button again. The template should now appear in the dropdown.