A network discovery job status is displayed as "pending". These are the possible reasons for the discovery job to be in this state.
- Discovery jobs with the same priority cannot run at the same time.
There are a few things to consider:
- Priority – Higher priority jobs will be evaluated first.
- If both jobs have the same priority, then the jobs will be processed in a first come first served order. Basically order by the timestamp of the job within the Discovery_Jobs table.
- To be able to run two jobs simultaneously, you will need to setup Discovery Zoning and isolate on network segments per the Discovery engine.
- The Discovery Zone is configured in IP address ranges and Discovery jobs configured in CIDR format.
- The TPP services are not running.
- The engine discovery service module on the platforms tree is disabled.
- The discovery engine zones are out of range.
- The discovery job is outside the execution window or no engines are configured to service the work specified.