All Versions of Venafi Trust Protection Platform
While Venafi Trust Protection Platform can run in multiple database instance environments, this installation is NOT supported.
If you have multiple database instances, please be aware of the following:
- Ensure that the servers are pointing to the same time source and that the time for each server is synchronized.
- Verify that the config schema matches in all databases
- Execute the following commands against all database instances for MSSQL using SQL Server Management Studio (or other SQL management tool) and compare the results:
- select * from dbo.config_relations;
- select * from dbo.config_classes;
- select * from dbo.config_attributes;
- Execute the following commands against all database instances for Oracle using SQL Plus or SQL Developer and compare the results:
- select * from DIRECTOR.config_relations;
- select * from DIRECTOR.config_classes;
- select * from DIRECTOR.config_attributes;
IMPORTANT! Replace all instances of 'DIRECTOR' in the scripts with the database Username in your environment.
- Based on the information in the previous two steps, review the following:
- All sequences/seed tables must be synchronized.
- Verify that all Trust Protection Platform servers are pointing to the same database instance.
- Ensure that database failover will not occur during the entire upgrade process.