TPP 18.2+, Agent Junior(mobility agent, user agent)
As of 18.2, TPP now has the ability to support the installation of the User Agent onto non-domain joined windows devices.
- As well as the TPP server needing to be on 18.2+ the user agent also needs to be on 18.2+
- After installing the agent on the non-domain based machine the end user is asked for AD credentials when the agent is started for the first time.
- This credential set must be valid for the identity provider set in TPP.
- From this point onwards these credentials are stored encrypted in the registry and used to pass the Windows Authentication set on VedClient application pool.
- If these credentials are changed in the future(password expires maybe) then the user will be prompted to update the credentials on the machine.
- See attached screen shot of credential request.
- Both UPN and samaccountname are supported for username.
- Registration password is Agent Registration password set in Aperture.