Occasionally support will ask for logs from IIS when you are troubleshooting a Web Console issue. This article will walk you through how to collect logs from IIS.
- Login to the Trust Protection Platform server hosting the web console.
- Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Expand the tree to the left till you can see the Venafi site.
- Highlight the site and then double click the Logging icon to the right under IIS section.
- Under the Log File section look for the directory that the log files are stored.
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the directory from step 5.
- Open the file or directory for the time-frame you need to logs for, use the file timestamps to determine the correct file.
- Zip the appropriate files and upload them to the Support ticket or https://download.venafi.com if the file is too large.