Venafi Encryption Director 6.1 or greater
- Open a terminal as root.
- Create a user that Director will use to authenticate with the Linux Server.
- Change directory to /</.ssh/
1. SSH to the Linux Server.2. Create the Private key.
openssl genrsa -out my3DES.key -des3 2048
Note: Create a phasphrase
3. chmod 400 my3DES.key
3. ssh-keygen -y -f ~/.ssh/my3DES.key > ~/.ssh/my3DES.pub
note: Make sure that the permissions are only for root.
4. Copy the my3DES.pub key into the authorized_keys directory.
5. Import the private key into directory.