- Venafi Encryption Director 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
- Venafi Trust Protection Platform 14.1 and up
If you need to add a license to Venafi the Support team can help you. This is most common adding a Support tab license key to enable you to work around or troubleshoot an issue.
Only Venafi Customer Support has access to generate License Keys for troubleshooting.
Note: In Director 10 and 11, the support tab is always enabled in read-only mode in the Windows Administration Console. In Venafi Trust Protection Platform 14.1, the support tab was migrated to the Web Console and can only be edited by Master Admin accounts.
Installing the License Key
Here are two methods for installing the license key once it is received from the Support team:
- Directly editing the Registry
- Using a Registry update file
Directly Editing the Windows Registry
- Click on the Start Menu
- Click on "Run"
- Type in: regedit
and click "OK"
- Navigate to \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Venafi\Licenses
- Right click on "Licenses" and choose New => String Value
- For the Value Name, type in ZZ (for the Support tab)
- For the Value Data, paste the License Key you were provided by Venafi Customer Support
Using a Registry Update File
- Update the ZZ (for the Support tab) code to use the new license key you were given by Venafi Customer Support
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- Save the code with notepad to a "support-license.reg" file.
- Double click on the "support-license.reg" file.
- At the UAC (User Access Control) prompt, click Allow
- At the Windows Registry security prompt, click "Yes"