The IIS 6.0 Management Compatibility Components are required to allow Venafi Encryption Director to interact with IIS 7 on Windows Server 2008 R2:
1. Click Start, click Administrative Tools and then Server Manager.
2. In the left navigation pane, expand Roles, and then right-click Web Server (IIS) and select Add Role Services.
3. On the Select Role Services pane, scroll down to IIS 6 Management Compatibility.
4. Select the check boxes for IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility and IIS 6 Management Console.
5. Click Next from the Select Role Services pane, and then click Install at the Confirm Installations Selections pane.
6. Click Close to leave the Add Role Services wizard.
Frequently asked questions:
No. While you can control just about any setting via this API, there is no method within that API to get the certificate to the target machine. In order to use that API, the certificate already needs to be in the CAPI store and you tell the API to use the certificate by providing the certificate hash.