IIS6 Application Provisioning Driver when provisioning to:
- IIS 6
- IIS 7.0
- IIS 7.5
- IIS 8.0
The following error is seen when attempting to provision to IIS 7 running on Windows 2008 R2.
Install Certificate failed with error: The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0X80070003)
This occurs because Venafi Encryption Director cannot find the path where to install the certificate.
Do the following on the server being provisioned to:
- Go to Start > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Click on the Sites, check the ID of the site you want to provision.
- In this example, we want to provision the Default Web Site, the site ID is 1.
- Open WinAdmin or WebAdmin.
- Go to Policies, and browse the tree until you reach the application to be provisioned.
- Once the application highlighted, select the IIS tab
- In the IIS x Settings option, change the site identifier to the one set in IIS
- Click Apply
After making those changes, retry the last failed operation.
This should now install the certificate to the correct site.